Today was my 'sick' day from work, but not the gym. A little busy this week so unfortunately I could only fit Eric in today, which means spinning Monday had to be put on hold for this week. Eric was off somewhere when I got there (I asked another trainer about it (Carinne, it was Tyler, I believe you liked him, right)) so I jumped on the arc trainer for some cardio. When Eric finally found me, he told me that the arc trainer doesn't get my heart rate up fast enough and switch me to the stairmaster. 10 minutes and he upped the level to level 12 on the arebic training program. This was after I told him my calfs were hurting...
He asked what I wanted to work today and I told him lets do some abs and arms. Well, he took that literally and I found out just how much he likes pushups! We did some abs on the ab coaster and in between directions we did 15 pushups. Eric wouldn't allow me to do pushups on my knees and made me do real pushups. Lets just say they aren't my favorite! We did a couple leg lifts, then situps with a medicine ball, more pushups. We then did some biceps.
Then Eric found another girl to prey on. He made us do situps throwing the medicine ball back and forth for a song, then switched it up. We had been using the 8 pound medicine ball. We went to the big balls! 12 and 15 pounds and we would do situps, place the ball on the bench and switch balls. We did it for what seemed like 20 minutes, although I think it was a song or two. Finish up the day with 20 minutes on the elliptical.
I may not be able to feel my arms tomorrow, but on a good note, Eric thinks I'm getting stronger! Spinning Tuesday instead of spinning monday, then the big hockey game! Yes, I make my workout schedule around hockey, don't judge :)
You already have a post titled "monday monday". Unacceptable
ReplyDeleteDo you think you'll get a trainer again?
And, I'm glad the ice was broken with tyler... Cotton candy man may get jealous...
We'll see about the trainer again, its expensive and I may take some time off to see if I want to do it again. I like it, but lots of money!
ReplyDeleteCotton candy man would be jealous! I wonder what he does in the off-season!