Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Marathon training

So today I had the day at the gym to decide what to do.  It seems like a while since I haven't been doing either spinning or working out with Eric, so it was strange to pick my workout again!  Today was training day for the relay marathon we're doing May 1st!  Since I've been doing intervals for a while, I wanted to see if I could run 3 miles straight without stopping or slowing down. 

I got on the treadmill and picked the 5K program.  I walked the first 0.2 miles at a 3.5 speed, then crancked up the speed to 5.8 for the next 3 miles.  And I did it.  I'm not sure why, but it seemed very easy today.  I wasn't even that excited to go to the gym today, kind or dreading it, but my workout was really good.  I'm not sure how long my warm up 0.2 miles took, but I finished the 5K (3.2 miles) in about 35 minutes, which wasn't bad.  I did sprint the last 0.2 miles at a 6.5 because I was feeling pretty good.  My final stat line: 38.30 minutes, 3.41 miles, 416 calories.  I did do this all on a flat incline, since it was a test run.  I'll have to add some miles each run.

Set up my HBO for the Pens tv show next week.  Can't wait! So excited! And Crosby already scored in the game tonight, 17 games and counting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment