Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Emily!




Today was my sister's birthday (as well as my bigs, Liz), so happy birthday!! Birthday dinner tonight after work, so gymtime wasn't possible.  I did however, force myself to workout on my lunch break at work.  I don't usually enjoy working out at work, mostly because I hate to be sweaty and smelly the rest of the day, but I couldn't skip today after the poor weekend and a big dinner.  I did the stairmaster for 20 minutes.  I did the first 10 at level 8 and the next 10 at level 10.  It was easier than the one at the gym.  The one at work looks like this:

So it wasn't the stairs that they gym actually has.  I'm not sure why, but it seemed easier than the gym version.  Anyways, I did 94 flights of stairs and 216 calories.  Throw in a couple pushups and squats and called it a day.  Not the best workout, but better than nothing!

Gym tomorrow, marathon training.  I'm gonna go away from the intervals and see how much I can run at once at a speed probably around 5.5 or so.  Not too fast, just a steady pace.  Hoping for like 3 miles?? We'll see.  Haven't run straight for a while.

1 comment:

  1. 94?? 94 flights of stairs? Sheesh girlie! And your work has a gym? Luxurious life you are living. Happy birthdays to the birthdays!

    ReplyDelete