Sunday, November 14, 2010

Life happens

So no gym workout Wednesday, Thursday or Friday for me.  I went to Baltimore from Thursday-Saturday, so was packing, laundrying, ect. on Wednesday night.  Thursday, I worked and then left for Bmore right after work.  We did walk down to the Inner Harbor from our hotel and played around in the sweet gym.  They had treadmills with TVs in them! It was pretty good for a hotel gym, seeing how my gym doesn't even have those.  Heres the fam enjoying the view at the inner harbor

Friday, we did a lot of walking around the city.  It was a really nice weekend, weather wise, and was a good walking tour. 

I did make it to the gym on Saturday.  Marissa went to play tennis, so I went in for some cardio.  I wasn't really feeling it, but once I was there, had a pretty good workout.  I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes, doing interval running.  With the cool down, I did 3.92 miles and burned around 500 calories.  Since Rissy was still playing tennis, I did 18 minutes on the elliptical, burning about 200 more calories. 

Today, it was supposed to be my weekly sunday run day.  Rissy has tennis clinic sunday nights, and I run on the treadmill.  However, my trainer spotted me and decided that I needed to do more than just run.  I ran about 25 minutes for a little over 2 miles (again, interval running, alternating between 3.5 and 6/6.5).  I then did 50 squats with a 30 pound weight, dropping straight down.  Next, 25 situps throwing the medicine ball to Eric; 25 doing the same thing, but adding a turn to each side for those 25.  Next, combo with a 15 pound bar (he wanted to do a 45 pound, but saw I couldn't lift that over my head after like 2, haha).  Squat down, overhead press, bar resting on the back of my neck and squat again.  Thats 1.

He decides we're going to leave the room, and go to the meaty man lifting area.  Here, we did leg lifts, squats around the 1/8 mile track 15 pound weights in my hands, leg scissors, and (my favorite, ugh!) step ups on the bench with 15 pound weights in my hand.  He found another girl in the gym and decided we could work together.  She did leg lifts while I did abs, then we'd switch.  To finish this unwanted punishment, we did more squats with 15 pound weights, 100 total.

I can't feel my body.  It hurts alot.  No pain no gain...right??

tired_runner-758794.jpg image by retgord

No comments:

Post a Comment