Thursday, February 24, 2011

Begin training!

Today was the first day of swim training for the triathalon.  I asked ms park for her advice for a swim program.  The one she submitted was pretty tough, although we only did about half of it because Kaitlin came to swim with us, and didn't like when we swam laps away from her.  Heres what Emily and I did.

4 laps swimming
4 laps kicking
4 laps swimming
4 laps arms (although they didn't have the leg thingy that i could see, so it felt like I was drowning)
4 laps swimming
4 laps kicking
4 laps swimming

We then did a couple of 50 yard sprints and ended with a cool down with the kickboard.  We're going again tomorrow (without the baby) so we should be able to up the workout.  We'll see how sore I am tomorrow, haven't swum in a long time!

1 comment: