Friday, February 25, 2011

Swimming day 2!

So we attempted swimming again tonight without the baby (even though I was not quite ready for a workout, I went!)  We did much better this evening and got in about a 3/4 mile swim

4 laps swim
4 laps kick
4 laps swim
4 laps pull
4 laps swim

Then we did the time 50 yard sprints.  We started at 70 seconds and did that 5 times, dropping 5 seconds off the time, last set was a 50 second sprint.  We did not follow Carinne's instructions and do this twice however, once was enough!!

We did 2 laps of easy swimming, then did 2 100 yard sprints in under 2 minutes each.  Talk about tough! I'm glad I didn't drown!  We finished with a cool down and exited the pool.

Good thing Emily made me go to the pool.  I would not have gotten off the couch otherwise.  Still worried about the swim in this race though.  We'll have to keep up a weekly routine until I get better!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment