Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Well, that was a rough one!

Really rough run today.  My goal for the day was to do a long run, a practice for the 10K on Sunday, but it did  not go well!  I struggled for much of the run, but did manage to pick it up toward the end.  I would not let myself touch the treadmill before 3 miles, which was a good help.  Just very bored the whole run, which doesn't make an hour go very fast.

After a 3 minute warm up, I ran for 30 minutes at a 6.3.  I then turned it down to a 6.0 for a couple minutes, before giving in to my weakness and walked at a 4.0 for about 4 minutes.  I was able to salvage a bit though and did another 10 minutes at a run, walked for 3, then ran the remaining 7 with a 3 minute cool down.

Final Stats:  63 minutes, 6.02 miles, 810 calories

My eating has been a lot better this week, tracking my calories until dinner, and not eating as much at night.  Amazing how much better I feel after being disciplined for just a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment