Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Curve Race Results




So the Curve 5K was on Saturday.  It was a beautiful day and a pretty good morning for a run.  I made sure to remember my phone for the race, because last year, we thought it was longer than 3.2 miles.  I'm glad I did because they had electronic bibs and there was no clock at the end (WTF?).  I had reinstalled the Nike+ GPS app and they definitely changed it from the last time I used it.  I was awesome.  Every mile it would tell me my time, my mile time and my overall average mile time.  

My phone results:  3.38 miles, 29:40 minutes for an average mile time of 8:45
Official results:  3.2 miles, 29:43 minutes for an average mile time of 9:35

I'm going with my phone results.  I got 5th in my age group (out of 14) but they don't have overall place.  Pretty happy with the race.  I think I was a minute or 2 off my time from last year, so its an improvement!  Big weekend coming up in June.  5K on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday!

Today I had a great gym run.  I wanted to do 6 miles to prepare for the 10K.  I ran about 45 minutes straight, then walked for 3 minutes and finished it out at a run.
Overall stats:  63 minutes, 6.17 miles, ?? calories

No comments:

Post a Comment