Wednesday, September 7, 2011

End of summer

With the end of summer upon us, it has become clear that I need to get my ass in gear!  After doing really well, I've become very lazy over the summer.  My workout schedule has been awful, eating bad, and drinking more often than I should.  I have gained 5 pounds since I was at my lowest weight.  Back to the diet!!!!

Yesterday was kickboxing with Janet.  It was a good class.  It was definitely a hard day to get to the gym with all the rain, but I made it.  I even had a shot yesterday, but made sure I got to the gym.  Abs were a killer at the end.  We used a little ball for the exercises and I can still feel it today.

Good news:  I got new running shoes!!  Look how pretty they are


I wore them at the gym today, but with it still being wet outside, made sure to not wear them out in the rain.  They were very comfy and super light.  I wasn't sure about the black color, but I think it will grow on me.  I love Asics!!!

Today was a 'Get back in gym mode' day.  I did the stairmaster for 18 minutes at level 8 (out of 20).  It was rough towards the end.  It is a great workout though.  I was dripping with sweat by the end.  I then did the rowing machine for 5 minutes, followed by the ab machine.  A set of kettle bell one arm raises and then the rowing machine for another 5 minutes (I'm going to be feeling that one tomorrow!!)  Cool down on the arc trainer for 10 minutes and then stretch.  Good workout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment