My 5k on Saturday went really well. I turned in my best time at 28 minutes and 52 seconds. I took off almost 1:30 from my time on the same course last year. And I finished 5th in my age group (although I didn't stick around to see how many people were in my age group...probably like 10, there weren't that many people there). When I was sprinting at the end (or going as fast as I could, sure it wasn't that fast), I thought I could maybe throw up, but I made it to the end. It was a rough ending, but a good race overall. Little bit of a chilly day, would have liked to see the sun out a little more to warm me up!
Funniest part of the race - there was an older man (think 60s) who had cut up a t-shirt, but in the oddest way I've ever seen. He cut off the sleeves and basically cut a 'window' to expose his chest and back, but left the shirt in the lower part to cover his stomach and lower back. I so wish I had a camera to take a picture of such a 'shirt.' My thoughts...why wear a shirt?
Great job!!! Way to push yourself. Just don't be making yourself sick, now... I'll have to come with an intervention...
ReplyDelete