Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Turkey Trot watch


I really want to do a turkey trot race this year.  Problem is, I be in Charlotte this year, so I had to do some research and found that their turkey trot is an 8k.  Wow, 5 miles.  I have never done a 5 miler.  Am I ready for this one??  Still gotta make sure its ok with the family since its thanksgiving morning.

With this in mind, I went to the gym today knowing that I'm going to need to run 5 miles next week!!!  The gym was not so great today.  It was a little disappointing to not run as great, but I still feel like I can get the 5 miles in around 50-55 minutes.  Heres hoping I can reach that goal!

Run today:  2 minute warm up (.1 miles); 25 minute run at 6.4 (~2.5 miles); 3 1/2 minute walk at 4.0; 5 1/2 minutes run; 9 minute walk and cool down.

I stopped a little early because my friend had jumped on the treadmill beside me and we started talking.  Will be running all next week with no weights to prepare for the big race!!

No comments:

Post a Comment