Monday, November 7, 2011

Crazy new gym

So I've joined, what I have no realized, is a crazy gym.  Take my day at the gym for example.  Today, I went to the gym right after work, so I went to change in the locker room.  I happened to stumbled upon a conversation about tatoos.  Thats normal I guess, 3 girls were talking about theirs different ones and what they still want to get.  Then it turned strange.  One of the girls started talking about her dad's tatoos.  First it started with the fact that it was some strange thing (didn't catch what it was, apparently something bad).  Next thing I know, she's telling the other woman that he gave it to himself...in jail.  Needless to say, I dressed very quickly after that and ran to get on the treadmill.
My workout was going pretty good.  Towards the end of my run, I noticed one the gym workers walking around talking to people on the machines.  He procedes to tell me that there is a bunch of pizza for everyone.  Funny, I thought people went to the gym to AVOID that stuff.  The man next to me was just as puzzled.  I guess when you join a gym for only $10/month, there are bound to be some quirks.  I found lots of them tonight.


Anyways...My run tonight was really good.  I want to start running longer races.  The goal is to run at least a 10k next summer, and maybe a half marathon.  Therefore, I'm determined to start running more to train for this.  Today's treadmill workout was:  2 minutes walking (0.1 miles); 26 minutes running (3.0 miles); 4 minutes walking (0.2 miles); 7 minutes running (.8 miles); 3 minutes cool down

Final stats:  45 minutes; 4.27 miles; 591 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment