Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Turkey Trot results

The turkey trot went really well!  There were a ton of people there, so it made the race much easier to run.  It was by far the biggest race I have ever run (distance and people).  I was so nervous before the race.  We got there about 8 and got our race packs, then watched the 1 mile fun run start.  As we waited in line for the bathroom, I finally started to calm down while talking to people who had run the race before.  It was a really flat course (love that about the south!) There were a total of 4,831  people who finished the 8k.  I finished in the 2,499 place.  My actual time was 47 minutes and 29 seconds for a mile pace of 9:54.  In my division (24-29F) I finished 177 out of 426.  Great time, can't wait for the next race and hopefully continue to add distance to my races.  10k up next!!!

Today at the gym, it was a cardio day (since I skipped the run yesterday).  It was a pretty good run, although someone smelled around me towards the beginning.  Must not have been very close because I only smelled it every once and a while.

Final stats: 47 mintes, 4.53 miles, 623 calories burned

No comments:

Post a Comment