Thursday, January 3, 2013

3 Days in a row :)

Carinne told me she signed up for the half marathon.  This has now put the idea into my head to be able to run 13.1 miles by Cinqo de Mayo.  It's always been on my mind to run a half, I was just debating about doing it this year.  Now, I guess I will be training to run this year!  The training continued today.

I ran after work today in the gym.  The gym was actually empty when I got in there, to be joined by 2 other people later.  A guy hopped on one of the treadmills when I was around 28 minutes, which was nice.  I felt like I was running with someone and helped push me a little more.  My goal was to run another 4.5 miles, but run it faster than I ran it the other day.  I did a 2 minute warm up, a 4 minute cool down and ran / walked in between.  I tried to run a little longer at the beginning at a slower pace in order to try to run for more miles.  I ran about 3 miles before walking for the first time.

Final Stats:  4.51 miles; 49 minutes, 626 calories

P.S - looking for new running songs!  Suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment