The gym was pretty empty which was nice for a change. I decided that I was going to go for 6 miles. I wanted to see if I could do it. I walked for 3 minutes as a warm up, then started my run. I paced myself at a 6.2 and just decided to keep running as long as I possibly could. After about 2 miles, I had to break through the mental thought to just walk for a minute. I made it through to the 5k mark, and just started to take it 1 mile at a time. I feel like saying 3 more miles sounds better than 30 minutes. The other tough time was at the 5 mile mark, but I've run 5 miles before, so I wanted to see if I could make the 6 miles. And I did it :)
Total stats: 63 minutes, 6.25 miles, 865 calories
On my way home, my mother called me to walk, so I added about a 2 mile walk to the end. PB and J for dinner now...
killer run. you go girl.
ReplyDelete