Sunday, June 3, 2012

10K results

Today was the big race day!  I wasn't really that nervous for the race, just wanted to get started.  The race is a 5/10K with the 5K being 1 lap and the 10K is 2 laps.  I ran the 5K with Emily, which worked out well.  We ran the 5K in a little under 30 minutes.  I then had to go out again by myself to do the rest of the 10K.  I was feeling pretty good until I got to the hill at mile 4.  I was barely moving up the hill, but I knew after that, it would be mostly flat/downhill, so I forced myself to keep going.  My sister came back to run with me around for the last mile or so.  It was a great help because I think I ran faster when she joined me.  The race overall went pretty well and I was happy with my first 10K race!

Results:  59:44, 6.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment